Friday, March 16, 2012

When Time Stood Still


When Time Stood Still
Karly Wahlin

I saw my life stretching before me,
longing for connection with others
reaching for a hand so elusive
asking questions not heard
I saw the awkward glances in my direction
hoping they wouldn’t expect
more than I could give
I begged God for someone who
knew with their heart
someone who saw with their kind eye
who gave generously of their friendship
seeing my contributions as enough
Hope restored is a powerful thing
giving strength where there was isolation
bringing friends into a circle warmed by
the fire of unity
I found you!
I have been blessed.

1 comment:

  1. Karly, your words speak for the feelings of so many others who do not have their voice. I know they are grateful to you for enlightening those of us who do not see with this kind of awareness and understanding.

    ReplyDelete